Community Cultural Mapping Project
A project to identify and promote Wawa’s cultural assets!
Wawa’s Cultural Map – Thank You Wawa!
Wawa’s Cultural Map is complete! The initial 7 month project came to a successful end May 11, 2012. The results were more than impressive and will continue to provide important information to residents, visitors and creative entrepreneurs into the future.
Immediate successes include:
- this website which provides you with up to date lists of the dynamic cultural and natural resources in our community. Check each category for a regularly updated list and accompanying map of physical addresses and details on each
- a Wawa Cultural Map Facebook page which continues to promote Wawa’s creative culture and engage users in sharing links and conversations about our dynamic cultural lifestyle
- a Cultural Mapping Best Practices Manual for communities interested in conducting their own cultural mapping exercise
- a Final Report and recommendations to Mayor, Council and C.A.O. regarding the project’s successes and recommendations moving forward
- a printed copy of the Wawa Cultural Map available at the N.I.T.G.C. offices at 3 Maple Street
- the Wawa Cultural Map Youtube video highlighting some of the 311 incredible assets provided during the mapping project